Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dissociation from reality

Do I know you from somewhere?
You do look familiar.
Are you sure we haven’t met before?
Now this is a situation I need to explore.

What time of the year is it?
It is January 2011 they say, but
I’m stuck in 2006 or sometimes 2009, or
At times I jump ahead into 2012.

Are you talking to me?
Oh, I know you’re right in front of me,
And I can hear you bicker some words, but
I possess an ability to tune out the world.

Am I really seeing this?
Or no, it’s just my perception.
Some things lie in front of me, and
They are not what they look like for me.

Who am I?
I wonder...
I just want to be myself
Don’t know how to be someone else.

Living in a war zone,
battered and confused.
Wish I din’t have to stay like this,
always feeling so bruised.

If there’s a third world I must be in the second,
seems I’m neither here nor there.
Living on the stairs that’s neither up nor down
Sometimes wondering how long I will be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment