Friday, December 11, 2009

The Furry Brown Doormat

Ouch! It hurts!
Ouch! It hurts!
I cry out aloud,
But no one to lend an ear,
Not even the cloud!

Oh… It’s freezing during winter,
I’m drenched in the rain,
It’s so warm and sticky in the summer,
But I still lie here,
No one to pick me,
Just left lying out there!

Ah… Those pointed heels,
Those painful shoes,
Everyone stamps over me,
Me- The Furry Brown Doormat,
Thrown on the floor… see me!?

Yes, the Doormat,
People walk over me,
Take me for granted,
Not thinking once what I go through,
Just leaving me out
To suffer in the blue!

Who am I?
After all, just a silly doormat!
Let the world walk over me,
I still will smile and stay here
As this silly doormat is the best I can be!

Let me not judge myself
By how the world treats me.
I know what I am,
And what I can be!

But after all this is my life,
Filled with pains and sorrows,
Still I manage to laugh,
Still I manage to smile,
because somewhere, sometime,
Something great will be mine!

Dated: 03.09.2007

2 comments:

  1. Something great will be yours :) Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the exact same feeling that sopped me from getting home this super cute smiling teddy bear doormat home... :)

    ReplyDelete