Nothing spectacular, in fact, yet another ordinary, usual, monotonous day is begining to end, but still, something about it is different. Maybe my perception, can't really say though!
Small things matter so much, that their value is realized only in their surprising presence or a sudden absence. Thats why it is said, 'you miss someone more when you know they are not around you.' So true...
For instance, I never really liked rosogullas but today I enjoy this very feeling of opening the frigde and putting a thanda thanda rosogulla in my mouth and relishing every bite I take. This is such a good feeling and it makes me so happy, this happy I haven't felt in ages now.
Small things like a visit to a nice stationary shop! Just looking at the things there, picking up one or two among them, or just glaring at the amazing sight can make me so happy.
Baking for that matter, it is always a great pleasure. Preparing, baking, cleaning the mess and finally seeing your achievement in the form of the nice looking cakes, cookies, small cute cup- cakes, just about makes me so happy that I can be high on life through out that day!
Drawing, painting and writing all wonderful mediums of expression lend me this feeling of satisfaction and of having vented out everything. A good finished piece can bring a huge smile of contentment.
Playing with my brother, chatting with my mom , dad, my masi and a few friends can all be so relieving. The fact that there is someone who I can look onto is so satisfying. It makes me very happy!
Doing small such things for myself, like even buying a flower just to say that I'm worth it, makes me happy. I might sound self-obsessed, but it is important to make ourselves happy afterall when one knows that not many around us'll do it.
Going shopping with mom, once in a while when its just for small things like bangles renders a feeling that is so special.
So many such small things that lend me strength and support to get past each day, go ignored, because they're always taken granted for.
Today, I wanted to take a moment off and appreciate the existence of these small treasures without which life would be so incomplete!
Excellent!
ReplyDeleteOrdinary list of extraordinary happiness? :)
ReplyDeleteYup, you've put it so well Sho:-)!
ReplyDelete