It all began on that one fine day when it was least expected... We'd lost touch with each other years ago, when different paths were chosen and ever since then I'd always wonder, "what came of him and how he'd be?" We did meet once, but situation forced me to ignore that encounter, and guilty of having done that, I always wanted another chance.
Friendship is a strong bond that may last forever if nourished and taken care of. It is very easy to lose friends but very difficult to be a good friend and let the bond grow and last forever.
I had found good friends, but within a minute I let circumstances destroy that good bond and moved on with life with a huge burden always carried along.
I wished for one chance, a small opportunity when I could relive everything and do away with my guilt and the heavy rock I was carrying. Finally, after ages, such an opportunity came across my doorstep. Unconsciously, I'd been looking for him and finally I spotted him. Making use of this golden chance, I contacted him and eagerly awaited a reply. My happiness knew no bounds when I saw a similar kind of excitement from him-that eagerness to cherish and relive all old times was a mutual feeling I realized.
We know things have changed, from that point, ages ago, we've come really far, each of us in our different paths- towards a different direction. Reliving those old times is something not possible, but we still have managed to come up with a substitute system to treasure this bond of friendship. The little conversations we have is a means of keeping it all alive after all these years.
Everything seems so old, yet so new. It's only a perspective. Now we're getting to each other better. We're no more kids like then, and sharing small nick nacks now is so different and makes much more sense. Old is not forgotten, memories lie fresh in my mind, but new is good too, a new direction to explore.
A few people a re always destined to be a part of our lives. Some where, some how, you happen to bump into them. It is then, that we take the initiative of protecting that bond, because it is these people who are one in a million with whom you can share this lovely bond of friendship; and upon whom you can lay your trust.
I'm glad I found him again and am now enjoying this sharing and relationship of friendship.
Thanks for coming back into my life friend! Cheers to this friendship of ours!
Can relate to this piece:)! Very nicely written. You've written about it in such a simple and appealing manner... I like:):):)
ReplyDeleteVasu
Its life, and once in a while we r gifted with a moment that lasts till d end. Its worthwhile to Forgive, not bcoz the person deserves it but bcoz u should liberate urself from d load of havin to hate!
ReplyDeleteLife Rocks... Cheers :-)
So true... And the feeling is so great! Worth it!
ReplyDeleteI like how you take it all in and frame it in the nicest way possible. In words. And in life :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Sho:-)!
ReplyDelete