Sunday, January 10, 2010

A beautiful day!

I woke up in the morning,
thinking to myself,
about the day beginning,
A beautiful day lay ahead,
I could see from my window still.

I peeked out of my window,
to look at all that I was to deal with,
the sun shone beautifully,
reminding me yet again of
the beautiful day that lay ahead!

It was finally time to get out,
I picked my bag and chose my path.
I walked amidst the woods,
the lovely trees,
swaying with the wind
were as if trying to say something-
that a beautiful day lay ahead!

The breeze hit my face,
I was reminded of you,
I smiled to myself and continued my walk.
The rustling leaves,
the rays of sunlight,
playing peek-a-boo in the woods,
all told me the same thing,
a beautiful day lay ahead of me!

The aromas were so strong,
I could feel your presence around me.
I looked around to see if you were there yet,
although I didn't find you, I knew
it was going to be soon that I would see you!
The squeaking squirrels also said the same thing-
that a beautiful day lay ahead!

I walked ahead and finally reached the end,
there you were, waiting for me with your arms open,
I ran the last few steps,
gushed like the wind, straight in your arms,
It was a pleasant feeling,
indeed, it was a beautiful day!

With you all along the way from there,
life felt worth living,
around me, the air was filled with joy,
every breath I took,
every step I'd walked till here,
every stone I'd bumped into,
every little thing, felt worth it!

The sea is so humongous,
its blueness is so incredible,
the shades in the sky above are so stunning,
the sun is beginning to set,
soon it'll be dark,
the moon and the stars will take there place,
in the wonderful pink, orange, purple and blue of the sky.

Walking along the shore,
hand-in-hand with you,
I still like the feeling in and around me,
The nature seems to be treating us,
laughing with us, singing with us,
in this love we hold for each other,
we're not alone, the wind plays with us,
the stars dance for us,
every one is happy,
everything is so chirpy.

With you around,
every day of my life,
is a beautiful day indeed!

5 comments:

  1. It's not a poem. It's almost a world view. Inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever you feel low, I want you to read this once. Its gonna cheer you up in no time:)!
    Its an energetic poem, full of josh:)!
    Vasu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marty, I loved the flow...

    It was very sweet n romantic, loved the lines "there you were, waiting for me with your arms open,
    I ran the last few steps,
    gushed like the wind, straight in your arms,
    It was a pleasant feeling,
    indeed, it was a beautiful day!" showed how much u were in love. I would suggest u go ahead n take some poetic freedom in ur writings... and btw the lines "The sea is so humongous,
    its blueness is so incredible,
    the shades in the sky above are so stunning," takes the reader to a different scene suddenly... I would have loved a slow mellowed transition a good blend maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks moto moto. And your feedback taken, I shall work on that. Actually ya, I read it again, and you're right it altogether takes the reader to a different scene suddenly.

    ReplyDelete